Wednesday, May 27, 2015
Celebrating the end of the school year...
To try to get them more engaged, we decided to do one fun activity each day until the last day of school. At this point, we are only two days away from summer! Here's our list of activities that we started last Monday:
1. Name Change Day (my students were able to pick out a new name for themselves and I called them by this new name all day. I had them wear name tags so I could recall their names. The class said that I needed a new name too. Yes! Now I don't have to hear "Mrs. Bowman" a million times a day! They decided my new name was Mrs. Namwob (Mrs. Bowman spelled backwards).
2. 15 minutes Extra Recess
3. Gum Day (students brought their own gum, but I also supplied each student with a handful of Dubble Bubble)
4. Sit Where You Want Day
5. Soda Day (students brought their own soda)
6. iPad Play (I gave the students about 20 minutes of free iPad time)
7. Donuts for Everyone (This was easy because we won a donut party for bringing in the highest number of Box Tops for the school)
8. A visit from Miko (My little 10 pound, Yorkie mix paid a visit to the class. I felt this meeting was appropriate because my students have had to listen to stories about him all year.)
9. Last Day of School party at Fun Station!