This YouTube video about 21st century education is quite interesting. It gives me chills because it scares me and excites me at the same time. It makes me wonder, "What will this mean for me/my students in the next 5 years? 10 years? Next year?" "What does this mean for Christian education?" Check out the video and see what you think:
- Many of the top jobs in 2012 didn't exist in 2002.
- Many of the jobs students will have don't even exist yet.
- And they'll use technologies that haven't been invented yet.
- Preparing students for the 21st century isn't just about technology.
What I do know is that the role of teacher is changing and I cannot teach the way I was taught. I must (as www.p21.org says) "fuse the 3 R's and 4 C's." As you know, the 3 R's are reading, writing, and arithmetic. The 4 C's are as follows:
- Critical Thinking (Problem-solving)
- Creativity (Innovation)